Gourmet Grilled Cheese Recipe
Grilled Cheese is one of those easy foods that may come naturally to some, but took me a while to master. Burnt bread, cold cheese, honestly, it just wasn't pretty! This Gourmet Grilled Cheese recipe is something that Jay and I have been loving lately. Recently, he said to me, "I don't think I can go back to eating grilled cheese any other way!" Me too, Jay. Me too!
Talk about the ultimate compliment from my husband! My biggest goal in life is feeding my family delicious food and caring for them well. My month was made with that compliment and so I thought, I have to share this recipe with you and document it so I never forget how to make it!
This Gourmet Grilled Cheese is so easy to make but also very decadent. Whoever you serve it to will never know it has only three ingredients! As Ina says, "How easy is that?"
Over many years of attempting grilled cheese, I have a few tips that I can share with you to hopefully make things easier for you, if you are currently struggling too!
First, Butter. Melt it and then brush the bread with it. I don't know why, but it really makes such a difference. Also, finely grating your cheese helps it to melt more easily and quicker, which we all want. Am I right? The cheese melting quickly allows the bread to get perfectly toasty without burning or taking ten years to make! Choose sourdough bread, or a great country bread. It really makes a difference. Lastly, Gruyère cheese takes this grilled cheese to the next level. It's worth the splurge!
Easy Gourmet Grilled Cheese Recipe
Ingredients You will Need
- 2 Tablespoons Salted Butter, melted
- Sourdough Bread, 1/2 inch slices
- Gruyère Cheese, finely grated
- Warm skillet over medium heat or heat griddle to 300 degrees (this is how I do it).
- Melt butter, slice bread, and grate cheese.
- Brush one side of bread with butter and place butter side down on griddle. Smother the top of the bread with finely grate Gruyère. Place second slice of bread on top and brush with butter.
- Cook on first side until golden brown, 3-5 minutes.
- Flip and cook on second side until golden brown, 3-5 minutes. Cheese should be melted.
- Remove from griddle. Cut into small pieces and serve.
Spring is right around the corner but grilled cheese is the ultimate comfort food and this recipe is one to keep in your back pocket! Crunchy bread, salty butter and creamy Gruyère come together to create the perfect taste and texture combination, rich cheese-y goodness!
I hope that you love this sandwich as much as we do. We love to serve it with this delicious soup recipe from Nordstrom and this this simple green salad. Dinner or lunch, it doesn't really matter, this combination is one to keep in your entertaining repertoire!